As long standing business members of the local community, Garfish regularly lend a hand to a variety of charities, local businesses, sporting organisations and schools.
We view our involvement as part of our role in the community and often it’s our regular diners who bring them to our attention.
The organisations and people we support are important, so we wanted to direct the spotlight their way to help raise further awareness.
Here are some of the causes we’ve donated to in the last year:
- Stewart House, Curl Curl. A children’s charity based in South Curl Curl, Sydney, they provide short term respite care for children in need. During their stay, the children receive optometric, dental and medical treatment, as well as emotional support while they undertake educational and health programs.
- Ride to Conquer Cancer: is an Australia wide series of cycling events aimed at fighting breast, bladder, brain, prostate, colon, kidney, testicular, lymphoma, leukemia and childhood cancers.
- Cancer Relay for Life: is an overnight, community event where teams of 10-15 participate in a relay-style walk or run to raise funds for Cancer Council. Each Relay For Life event is organised by a local volunteer organising committee on behalf of Cancer Council.
- The Leukemia Foundation: are the peak body for blood cancer, providing free support services in every state and territory across Australia. They also invest millions into vital research into better treatments and cures.
- POSH Gala, Cancer Council: POSH is a prestigious annual charity gala ball and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to secure some truly extraordinary experiences and sought-after auction items. Over the past decade, POSH has raised $10 million to support research into cancer prevention and new treatments.
- Australian Red Cross Bushfire Appeal: in the aftermath of October 2013 bushfires, Manly Garfish staff donated their tips on November 1st, totalling $1,000. Garfish management matched this, and with Coles and Bi-Lo stores generously matching all donations dollar for dollar we were able to bring the total to $4,000.
Local Schools and Sporting Organisations
Manly Marlins Rugby Union ClubGarfish has been a long time supporter of the Marlins Rugby team
Manly Warringah NetballAlong with the Marlins, Garfish also proudly lends our support to the local netball association with an ongoing sponsorship.
How you can help
If you’re interested in getting involved, click on the links above. There’s many ways you can help aside from donations. You could get involved in the events, or donate your time to your local school or sporting organisation.